Arizona locations only
- Cardiac imaging can be acquired in one rotation (<35oms) and functional data over one heart beat. Additionally, unlike previous generations of scanners, functional data may be acquired over consecutive heart beats, more comparable with conventional angiography.
- Lower radiation/reduced contrast dose
- Provides 16cm of coverage in a single rotation in .35 seconds-this technology eliminates the need for conventional diagnostic catheterization in many patients, providing excellent anatomical and functional data with low radiation exposure and without anesthesia or sedation.
- Shows 4D dynamic movement
- The Aquilion ONE makes it easier to image patients with cardiac abnormalities such as arrhythmia.
Toshiba Medical Systems has introduced the Aquilion ONE CT scanner, a revolution in Computed Tomography (CT) technology that dramatically shortens the diagnosis of cardiac and stroke patients to a fraction of the usual time.
As the world's first dynamic volume CT, the Toshiba Aquilion ONE captures dynamic processes such as blood flow and organ function, in real-time three-dimensional (3D) clarity.
Imaging the heart in a single rotation
The wish of medical professionals for the ability to scan an entire organ in one rotation and hence in a fraction of a second, has now become a reality. The Toshiba Aquilion ONE is the first dynamic volume CT system in the world and boasts an anatomical coverage of 16cm in one rotation, thanks to its array of 320 ultra high resolution 0.5mm detector elements. This innovation means it is now possible to image an entire human organ such as the heart, brain or pancreas in a single rotation. Currently, it takes an average of 7 to 10 rotations to image a human heart, and 7 rotations for the brain.
This ability to carry out a complete examination in just 350 milliseconds eliminates the need to reconstruct data from several points in time, significantly enhancing accuracy and diagnostic confidence. In the case of a cardiac scan, medical professionals using the Aquilion ONE will see dramatically clearer images with perfect time registration.
Real-time 3D information of organ function now available
The revolutionary dynamic volume CT technology of the Aquilion ONE enables medical professionals to view crucial information such as blood flow (arterial and venous) and function in the heart, brain, joints and other parts of the body.
The resulting functional images of the scanned area is in effect similar to a real-time video of the organ(s). Real-time whole organ dynamic volume analysis was previously unavailable in any modality (CT, MRI, Ultrasound), and is a quantum leap in imaging accuracy.
This reduces the need for additional (sometimes duplicative) tests and invasive procedures. Patients exhibiting symptoms of heart conditions may be given an ECG, calcium study, CT angiography (CTA), nuclear test and catheterization before a diagnosis is made. This process typically takes a few days. Patients exhibiting symptoms of stroke may be given a CT scan and MRI (if the former proves inconclusive). The time-to-diagnosis may take a few hours.